Friday, September 28, 2012

A thirst unknown..




With a thirst to quench, I ventured
Into many a field unknown;
Wanting to soothe my parched soul,
I searched for a drop of life
That I could call my own!

Waiting in many a land
For a time so unmeasured,
I grew so wanting for more;
Taking the least from myself,
I still craved for the unknown!

Finding a stream, I found my dawn
In the awakening of a realization.
It was in my thirst that I found,
A reason for my find,
Now, that I had so beautifully got!

As it was in my thirst that I found,
It was in my finding that I felt
An immeasurable thirst unknown.
What miracle of nature could quench
My thirst is a saga untold!

Through the smile of a beloved
I realize all my dreams!
Quenching the thirst of my soul,
Now, I crave for even more;
For the joy that may fill her soul!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pankaj!
    Beautiful writing and a wonderful blog indeed! I enjoyed reading 'A thirst unknown...' and simply could not resist but to enjoy the state of anticipation and then the taste of satisfaction once when the set agenda falls into its place. I personally feel that a moment of happiness and a sense of satisfaction is not completely a match with the birth of several anticipatory moments before the grant of what we had craved for! It is only in such time that we learn a lot from life and if sensitive and loving enough, we could make the best use of it and draw a balanced line between realism and fancy. Once again, 'mind-soothing' write-up! Looking forward to more of your art works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your generous comments,Suhasini.
      Longing and fulfillment are indeed complementary values and go hand in hand.
      Keep in tune for more!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!