Monday, October 29, 2012

Pause for a moment, time is passing away..

A few weeks ago, I had this thought about the fleeting nature of time. This thought was inspired from my own observations of how the leaves were changing color quickly. From the range of reds that I saw to the fleeting greens; from the yearning yellows to the burnt out browns, they were all a delight to the eye! And how they contrasted against the blue of the all-encompassing sky! If I was not already in a mood for contemplation, these were enough stimuli for me to pause and look at the fleeting nature of life.
In the pursuit of success and in catching up with the rigors of the daily life, we often get caught up in a routine and begin to take life for granted. Contrary to common understanding, we seem to think of life as perpetual but life is lived in its moments. Looking back, you would only see that each moment was fleeting in its nature, 'Here today, gone tomorrow' seems to be a story of our lives.  
Walking around my apartment, as I took in these sights, I began to see how much there is to life. One need not take a walk, like I did, to come to this understanding. It could simply come to you this very moment! The moment that you realize that each moment is precious and filled with abundance you will truly begin to appreciate life in its entirety. 

Often, this though crosses my mind, 'What if this were my last day alive?'. 
I am not at all depressed by this thought. In fact, if you care to look at your own life with a certain sensitivity, you would see that it is this moment, here and now, that we have with us. The past and the future seem like a dream in this realization. This further leads me to understand that the moment that we truly acknowledge the impermanence of our own lives that we begin to live it fully! The mundane becomes charged with enthusiasm and the unnecessary falls out of lives instantly and naturally. That is how I have begun to Rise Early each morning. Priorities begin to prioritize themselves and naturally our experience of life becomes richer. This is a natural outcome of looking at life as fleeting and hence impermanent. I have seen that the least effort is required for one to come to this understanding and work from this space of ease.
Living with this feeling, I see that even stones come alive and seem to be embracing the sky!
The grass in its green is only awaiting your bare feet to tread on it, even as its bends humbly!

"Shama jali hai tere liye, tujhko kuch nahi karna hai!"
"The candle is lit for you, you don't have to do anything."

Pause for a moment, time is passing away..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!